Monday, August 28, 2006

Early adopters, Web services, and viral agents

A post on Eszter's Blog about vanity license plates got me thinking about something completely different.
I read her blog in Omea reader. It is a bit much since it wants to be your feed reader, news reader and mail and browser all in one, and I just use it to read rss posts. Anyway, when I read the blog, the "Bookmark and share this post" icons are formatted in an unnumbered vertical list, so I noticed them more than if I was reading your blog from its native site. I wonder, in this nascent stage of web services, linking utilities, and folksonomies, are early adopters diligently posting to del.icio.us, reddit, digg, furl, spurl, etc. in order to proliferate or populate their favorite service? If so, are eager users becoming "viral marketing" agents?

No comments:

Post a Comment