Sunday, January 21, 2007

Greetings from Seattle

Hey! I got to play dance dance revolution and Guitar hero! Jenny Levine had the games set up at the ALA techsource booth. I went back more than once. As it turned out my old library school pal Mike Porter stopped by and we had a little mini reunion. on top of that I met Karen Schneider and David Lee King. All of them had just come from speaking engagements. I spent most of yesterday and today proselytizing to vendors about Video Round Table, our pre-conference (User Rights at Risk in Video and Film: Issues for Media Librarians) and our gala in Washington D.C. next June. Last night VRT sponsored a great program along with the Seattle public library and WETA-TV. We screened excerpts from a new documentary _Through Deaf Eyes_ which will premiere on public television March 21st. It was a great night. Not only were the excerpts really interesting, but it was the first time I had ever been in a room in which I was the minority hearing person!

1 comment:

  1. It was great to see you, Steve! Next time, we need to have a conference poker night! :)

    -Michael Porter

    ReplyDelete